Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Textiles My Biggest Weakness!!


I love textiles!!!  I stuff them in every little corner of my world.  
It doesn't matter where...
there is no room where they 
don't have a special spot.



I have stitched up many of them myself.
I have also given many of them away to friends
for little presents from the heart.




Some of them are vintage




This is a mini quilt that I made several years ago.




I also made this cute little dishtowel...

I like to stitch up dishtowels with faces,
they seem so cheerful to me.



Sometimes I think they can be 
very amusing
like this little pair...



And even practical like this little door hanger that
I cross stitched for my children when they
were babies.

I love textiles they are such a wonderful reflection of who we are.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Beautiful works of embroidery! Love your thrift shop finds in your last post!

    Happy wednesday!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your textiles are lovely, I too am very fond of gathering these but have neglected to show them off as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you're hooked on hankies too? Great - now we have even more in common! Thanks for your comment on my blog - it's been lovely to come over here and see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh, the little doggies are too cute. I am enjoying reading your blog, I will add it to my blog list on my sidebar for others to find too. Tam x

    ReplyDelete