Friday, April 15, 2011

Yay, It's Random Friday!!!


My "Random Friday" post is my favorite post of the week!
I just randomly post things that appeal to me!
I find some of my favorite images and share them with all of you.

The flowers in the little vase above are cranberry flowers.  These flowers grow
wild around my house and they make the best jams in the fall.
I always freeze them for the winter holidays.  



These beautiful pink flowers are rhododendrons.
I took this photo last spring when I visited my daughter in Oregon.
The University that she's at has beautiful flowers, trees, and shrubbery.  


Lots and lots of beautiful Rhododendrons and Azaleas.  The colors
were really breathtaking!  
I felt like I was on a tropical island!



It's too soon for flowers in Alaska,
but the pussy willows are coming out of winter hibernation. 
We are still a couple of weeks away from seeing flowers in our gardens. 
I love this photo, because the pussy willows have some frozen water droplets on them.
They are Alaska's spring flowers.



And a random photo of a favorite pitcher! 
I love the soft colors!
Totally cute!


Lots of birds are migrating back to Alaska.
I spotted some seagulls and a few songbirds today. 
Our days are getting longer and its light now until about 9:30 p.m.
  Soon the birds will be singing late into the night.  
I have heard them sing until about 1:30 in the morning.

This bird house sits next to my bench by the front entrance.
I use it for an inside decoration.  Sadly it will never be a birds home.  
Maybe a good thing, because the entrance hole is a little large.  
Magpies and squirrels would have a field day.


Isn't this a sweet coin purse!
My Mom made it for me several years ago.  
Totally hand made with love!!!
I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful Mother!



"Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue"
Have any of you ever seen this series?
I bought it just for the cover.  
This children's book series was printed in 1916.



And here is a peek at some of the cards that I made during the long winter months.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks 
"Random Friday"
After a long week its nice to relax!

Wishing you all a peaceful and safe weekend!
Enjoy it with those you love!




12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Love the little blue jug / pitcher - so pretty. And a cute tall bird house! Have a good weekend! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this random post. I have never seen a cranberry flower, they are gorgeous. I love the pussy willow with the frozen drops of water.

    You have a wonderful weekend and thanks for a lovely post. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...love your random Friday post, each and every photo. Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the photos are so nice. I haven't seen that little series but can see why you picked it up..very sweet. Have a very lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your random post is so nice!!!!
    Have a great weekend,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful. The first thing that really caught my attention was the moonstone vase! I love moonstone pieces! And then your palm frond cross. (or did you make it from paper?) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Chris
    Very nice pictures! I love springtimes with all the flowers.... So sweet!
    Have a nice weekend and a lot of greetings from Switzerland. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very lovely post indeed and the photo's of the flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Chris,
    You have a wonderful blog, filled of beautiful pictures.
    Have a nice weekend,

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    thankl you sooooo match for your kompliement.

    You Blog is lovly to.

    greatings sendt you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like every spring I miss finding the pussy willows! Your picture is so cute! Thanks for the comment, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful random Friday goodies to see!
    Have never seen cranberry flowers before!
    Its lovely to see things that are special to you, the pussy willow photo is fantastic,and i love the little coin purse made by your clever Mum.
    Sweet pitcher too!
    Everything is lovely!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete