Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Garden Dreams...


I am summer dreaming of my garden.
I woke up to another 3 inches of new snow this morning!
It's beautiful, but I'm eager to start gardening again. 

I am ready to  dig my hands back into the soil.

Hopefully the all the perennials will have made it
through the long cold winter.
Sometimes they freeze out and I have to purchase new
ones.  
Columbines like those pictured below are very hardy here and the comfrey above is even more hardy!  These plants can be cut down halfway through the season for a second bloom.
They grow like weeds once the ground is warm enough!



I'm eager for the riot of color to appear!!!

Only another month to go!!!

 I can't wait!  

I have started dahlias and gladiola's in boxes in the house.

It's a sneak attack!!



9 comments:

  1. Your flowers looks great!
    When the snow will left?! I have no idea but my boys likes to watch "deathly cathch" about fishing krab in the Beringsee...and we almost see snow there..
    Have a nice day!
    Maren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your photos are stunning! Snow, snow go away!!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    your flowers looks wonderful!!!
    i hope for you that the snow will go.
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so pretty, I can hardly wait for all of the color too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Chris,

    I love the aquilegias! We have some in our garden too. Some years ago I lived in the middle of germany (now in the south) and in my little town was a street and on the side of this street there are so many different wild aquilegias - a pleasure to see.
    This week I work 17 hours per day so I have hardly time for blogging. On saturday we will stay some days for a visit in the north of germany (we have no internet there) - I will come back with many interesting pics I think.
    Til in some days,
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gruss dich Christina! How fun you stopped by, I see we have a lot in common! My kids were born in Starnberg (just south of Munich) and we will be visiting this summer! My husband is in International Education and then of course I love all things creative so Yay! :-)
    Marjan/ Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment on my blog Christine. I don't know how you cope with snow for so long.....I'm sure you must be desperate for flowers in your garden. We had a long stretch of snow and cold Nov /Dec 2010 and I was demented...you Alaskans must be made of stern stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flower photos.
    I never realised Columbines were that hardy - we have them and the leaves always look so delicate.
    I do hope your spring comes early for you - wise move starting some flowers off indoors!

    ReplyDelete