Saturday, May 12, 2012

Visit to the Anchorage City Greenhouse


I finished my last concert yesterday morning, so I decided to 
treat myself to a visit to the Anchorage City Greenhouse.
It's a very small greenhouse, but perfect for a short visit.
It's been cold outside this week and today our high was
only about 42 degrees in some parts of town.

I always stop to see the fish in the pond and I was excited to see
this Christ Thorn plant blooming.  In the greenhouse
they are small compact plants, but they can be used for 
hedging in tropical climates.  




It was very peaceful in the greenhouse, so I really enjoyed
walking around and taking photos of some of my
favorite plants.



I always stop to photograph the cactus's,  their spiny geometry 
always amazes me.



There were hundreds of Ladybugs hiding in the plants.  
 I spotted this one running on a chain.


Beautiful colors...


And even a grapefruit!


It was nice to get out of the cold and wind.
I heard they are predicting a mix of rain and snow for this weekend.
It's been a slow start to spring after such a long cold winter.





Outside the tulips are starting to appear, so I know this cold spell
will be short lived.
Thank goodness for city greenhouses!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing you walk through the greenhouse. The sights are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregon looked heavenly.....Its suppose to be warm and sunny the next 2 weeks....yeah!
    I can't believe 8 more days of school...

    ReplyDelete