Thursday, July 21, 2011

Down by the Lagoon



I went down to the Lagoon today.  

Winchester Lagoon is located right in town.
I was greeted by a lot of mallards and a few
Canadian geese and their babies.




It's hard to keep up with blogging right now
when there is so much to enjoy.


I love this photo of the mallard swimming away.  




They came in all directions to greet me.

I think they thought I had bread.




Flowers lined the shore.



We are not suppose to feed them...it's important 
that they fly south for the winter.



They were beautiful, and oh so busy looking for food.


The lagoon had unusual flowers in the shallows.


Daisies were in abundance as well!

Hope your enjoying your summer!


4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful close up photos of the feathered friends, thanks for sharing a part of your fun summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning images. Love those soft newly feathered babes.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    How sweet all those young animals look! They young ones have already grown quite big in Holland :-)!

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I just went through several pages of yours and your pictures are phenomenal. I remember driving through Potters Marsh on the highway when I visited my daughter in Soldotna. It's an enchanting place, in fact Alaska is. Diane

    ReplyDelete