Monday, January 24, 2011








A wonderful sunrise.  I was lucky to see this because I usually like to sleep in on the weekends.  I thought the pinks and blues were really beautiful!!!  Maybe I will have to get up earlier from now on!









I had the usual morning visitors on my deck.  Stellar Jay footprints give them away.  Sometimes these beautiful blue birds sit on my upstairs deck in the morning and peck on the railing and window.  They are my alarm clocks!   I have seen them just sit on the deck and watch me sleep.  Blue little peeping toms who want peanuts all the time.  I find the remains of shells all summer long in the garden in some of the most unusual places.



When I begin the walk to the lake it's always nice when the snow is heavy on the trees.  I love it when they are arched with the weight of the snow.  I like the feeling of a canopy to walk under.


Down on the lake there are wonderful views from behind the cottonwood trees.


Lake ice with beautiful colors of blue and aqua.


And grass that hugs the lake in its icy coat.


Little kinnikinnick berries are snug in their little icy caves.


There are beautiful ice sculptures on the lake and river.



These shapes and forms are endless.


There are crystal delights everywhere.  These twigs are decorated with icy little thorns.


The lakes edge has its own little surprises of ice crystal forests.  I wish I could see these even more magnified.  Such delicate little wonders!
And if you walk further towards the river
there is even a bigger reward!


Crystalized salmon from the fall are covered with their own wonderful icy diamonds!!


Down by the river there is a beautiful view of Round Mountain.  The rivers edge has ice crystals reaching up to greet it.   So many wonders in the middle of the winter...who could have guessed!

7 comments:

  1. Your photographs are just stunning Christa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, name, photos all of it Christine its Beautiful!!!!I linked you up Momma.
    I can't wait for your next post....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natures art, you captured it beautifully!

    Welcome to Blogland. You sure got off to a good start, your blog is great and the title is sweet. Looking forward to your next post! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from Heidi's. Welcome to this amazing world of blogging. Your pictures are beautiful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,

    Heidi send me over to you! I must I am impressed by your beautiful pictures. Not only the landscape is very impressing, but the ice crystals as well! I will be following you :-)!

    Lieve groet from Holland,

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hej Christine

    NICE *to meet you* Heidi sent me ;-)
    Beautiful photo's.
    I have become a follower
    Welcome to blog land
    LOVE PEACE enJOY your blogging
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is lovely...and your photos...stunning..came over from sweet Heidi's blog..so glad she sent me your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete