Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fiddlehead Fern Recipe!



Fiddlehead Ferns are out in Alaska!

These lovely little scrolls make
a wonderful addition to
a meal.

If you live where these are fairly abundant you might 
want to collect some and try the following 
recipe.  A lot of people like to twice boil these 
little fiddleheads, but I think that's a little harsh
for these delicate little morsels!!

Try sauteing them with olive oil
2  cloves of garlic sliced
juice of one lemon,
salt and pepper to taste 
and
Parmesan cheese to taste

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have heard that people go nuts for these but I have never tried them. I'm sure we must have them around here...the ferns are all over the hillside on this property. I might just give it a try. Thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good....I learned something new....

    ReplyDelete