Friday, September 2, 2011

Finding the Last Summer Delights



In Alaska the summer months are coming to a fast close.  
Soon we will be seeing fresh termination dust on the mountains 
surrounding Anchorage. 

This is a great time to go out and catch those last glimpses of summer before
they fade.

Lots of moths are to be found in the evenings on the windows 
when it gets dark out.
I love their variety of colors and shapes.  Butterflies are always out shinning them,
but I think moths are extremely beautiful if you take the time to look.





My dahlias are making their last stand.  In a few weeks I
will have to dig them out 
and store their tubers for the winter.




I was lucky to find a single rose in bloom.
This one will most likely not be
able to produce a rose hip.



I always take tons of photos of spent
dandelions I think they are fabulous 
up close!



 And if I'm lucky I'll find a butterfly drinking nectar
on one of the last fall flowers.  



In my garden large  Orb Spiders are fairly easy to find right now.
Scary to some, but fascinating to me!
They are really very shy creatures and they spend a lot
of time hiding in their curled up leaves.




Even the leaves seem pretty amazing 
as they ready themselves for fall!

I'm eager for the three day weekend.  Hopefully I will be able to
find some more lovely things to share with you all.







9 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, I especially like the third from the bottom...looks like a woman going to the opera in a lovely cape with fur around the edge. - Have a wonderful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, absolutely amazing close-ups Chris! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos
    Chris you did, so beautiful
    do not see many around!
    But they are coming to Alaska in autumn
    like here?
    A big hug
    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo's Chris! So beautiful!
    When the first signs of the winter will come in Alaska? Here we'll start in the middle of November ;o)
    Have a nice weekend!
    Groetjes,
    Maren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Chris,

    You made some beautiful photo's! I cannot decide which one I like best...

    Have a happy new week!

    Lieve groet, Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buonasera carissima...le tue foto sono splendide e molto suggestive, i colori sognanti!! Ti ringrazio per il tuo passaggio ed un abbraccio, *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Io ti ho inserito tra i miei blog preferiti!! ;o))
    *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete